Buyer Information - Representing You
REPRESENTING THE INTERESTS OF THE BUYER IN REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
If this is your first home purchase, or perhaps you haven't purchased a new home in a while, the process may seem confusing. We hope that our office can make the entire purchase process easy and enjoyable for you. There are a few things to remember.
First, unless we have been retained to represent you as a Buyer and are representing the Lender as well (which is very common and cost effective). First, understand that the lender's closing attorney, and this includes our office if we are representing your new lender, represents the interests of the lender.
Therefore, it is not the responsibility of lender's counsel to advise you on your rights and obligations regarding your new home purchase. Because of this we highly recommend that your retain your own attorney to represent your interests in this process. Our office can represent you, even if we are handling the closing for your new lender, for a reasonable fee and give you the comfort you need to proceed confidently toward the purchase of your new home. Some of the services we provide when representing buyers are:
- Negotiation and preparation of the offer to purchase and purchase and sale agreement to protect your interests and concerns.
- Resolve issues which may arise during the pendency of your purchase and assist you if you are selling real estate to purchase your new home.
- Explain the mortgage process and assist you in understanding just what the lender’s commitment letter says.
- Assist in the coordination of the closing and represent you at the closing, review all closing documents and explain their meaning and significance to you.
- Answer questions you might have and resolve disputes that may arise at any time during the closing process.
Please call our office to discuss how we can represent you and what our fees are for this service. We look forward to hearing from you.
Click on the links below for more information on:
<< Back to Buyer Information